BSEG is an organization of 38 member Tribes from the Kuskokwim Bay to the Bering Strait. BSEG members are Cup’ik, Yup’ik, St. Lawrence Island Yupik, and Inupiaq, and each Tribal government appoints an Elder Representative to serve on the BSEG Elders Board.
Jerry Ivanoff, Chair, Unalakleet
John Waghiyi, Jr., Vice-Chair, Savoonga
Richard Slats, Chevak, Treasurer
Aaron Iworrigan, Gambell, Secretary
Melvin Gregory, Emmonak
William Igkurak, Kwigillingok
Ralph Kiunya, Kongiganak
John Twitchell, Sr., Kasigluk
Axel Jackson, Shaktoolik
BSEG is recognized by the Internal Revenue Service as a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
- 2023 Resolution Expressing Appreciation and Continued Support for the Northern Bering Sea Climate Resilience Area Executive Order and Calling for Sustained Funding and Protections for the Northern Bering Sea.
- 2023 Resolution Declaring a Disaster in Our Traditional Waters of the Bering Sea and Calling for a Holistic Plan to Restore Balance to the Interconnected Bering Sea Web of Life.
- 2019 Resolution Requiring Researchers and Funders to Engage Western Alaska Communities in a Co-Production of Knowledge Approach on All Research Activities and to Directly Fund Knowledge Holders, Tribes, and Native Organizations for Such Efforts
- 2019 Resolution Supporting Establishment of a Permanent Bottom Trawl Boundary and Management Plan to Protect the Fisheries and Hunting in the Northern Bering Sea
- 2018 Resolution Supporting Establishment of a Permanent Bottom Trawl Boundary to Protect the Fisheries and Hunting in the Northern Bering Sea
- 2018 Resolution Reaffirming Request to Reinstate the Provisions of the Executive Order Creating the Northern Bering Sea Climate Resilience Area
- 2018 Resolution on the Reauthorization of the Magnuson-Stevens Fishery Conservation and Management Act
- 2017 Resolution to Reinstate the Provisions of the Executive Order Creating the Northern Bering Sea Climate Resilience Area
- 2016 Resolution to Regain and Sustain Tribal Safety and Food Security in the Northern Bering Sea and Bering Strait Region and to Promote the Self-Determination of Our People in the Management of Natural Resources and Habitat in the Northern Bering Sea and Bering Strait Region
- 2014 Resolution for Stronger and More Lasting Protection of Tribal Subsistence Resources in the Northern Bering Sea and to Ensure Tribal Self-Determination for Decisions Impacting These Resources
- 2011 Resolution Expressing a Vision for the Bering Sea
- 2011 Resolution Calling for Amendments to the Magnuson-Stevens Fishery Conservation and Management Act
- 2011 Resolution Expressing Our Mission
- 2011 Resolution to Support Completion of Subsistence Maps
- 2011 Resolution to Protect the Northern Bering Sea